McClure - Awards
Charles R. McClure, PhD
Francis Eppes Professor of Information Studies and
Director, Information Use Management & Policy Institute
College of Communication & Information, Florida State University
Louis Shores Building, Room 226
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2100
Phone: (850) 644-8109
Fax: (850) 644-4522
His research has won a number of awards.
- His co-authored study Federal Information Policies in the 1980s: Issues and Conflicts (Ablex, 1987) was recognized by the American Society for Information Science as the best book in information science for 1988.
- His study, Electronic Networks, the Research Process, and Scholarly Communication received the American Library Association's Jesse H. Shera award for the best research study in library/information science -- the third time he won the award.
- He has authored/edited some 40 monographs and 325 reports/chapters/papers.
- In a 2006 research study (“Scholarly Productivity of U.S. LIS Faculty,” Library and Information Science Research, August 2006) McClure was identified as the 4th most productive Library and Information Science (LIS) faculty member in journal publicationduring 2001-2005.
- McClure was also identified as only one of four that has been ranked in the top 10 of LIS faculty for journalproductivity since 1981.